4. Can anyone in California get a specialized telephone?

To be eligible to receive free specialized telephone equipment through our program, a person must:

  • Live in California
  • Reside in a household subscribing to telephone service
    Please note: You must have access to either cell phone or land line service to participate in the program. However, the majority of CTAP equipment only functions with a land line.
  • Be CTAP-certified as having one or more of the following disabilities: seeing, (including blindness), hearing (including deafness), speaking, remembering, or moving.