Three Easy Steps
Looking to apply for an amplified phone, TTY, or other specialized telephone for your personal use at no cost to you? The process is fast and easy.
Please note: One set of equipment is available per person.
Just follow the three steps below:
1. Download, print, and complete Section 1 of the Certification Form in your desired language:
Request a Form by Mail or Phone: You also may request a Certification Form in your desired language by mailing the State of California CTAP Contact Center at P.O. Box 30310 in Stockton, CA 95213 or by calling any of these numbers:
- English: 1-800-806-1191
- Spanish: 1-800-949-5650
- TTY: 1-800-806-4474
- Mandarin: 1-866-324-8747
- Cantonese: 1-866-324-8754
- Hmong: 1-866-880-3394
- Vietnamese: 1-855-247-0106
2. Contact your doctor to complete and sign Section 2 of the form.
The following medical professionals are authorized by the State of California to sign Section 2:
- Licensed Medical Doctor: May sign for people with any disability.
- Licensed Optometrist: May only sign for people who are blind or partially-sighted.
- Licensed Audiologist: May only sign for people who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Department of Rehabilitation Counselor [VRC, RCB or RCD]: May sign for people with any disability.
- Licensed Speech Language Pathologist (SLP): May approve applications for applicants with speech disabilities.
- Superintendent or school audiologist at the California School for the Deaf in Riverside and Fremont: May only sign for current students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Licensed Hearing Aid Dispenser: Dispenser must have the customer record on file, and may only sign for people who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Licensed Physician Assistant: May sign for people with any disability.
If you do not have a doctor, you may search by zip code to find a doctor or another medical professional who can sign your Certification Form
3. Mail or FAX your completed Certification Form to the State of California CTAP Contact Center.
OR Drop off Your Certification Form at a State of California CTAP Service Center:
Click a city below for address, directions, and hours of operation.
Glendale, Fresno, Berkeley, Redding, Riverside, Santa Barbara, San Diego, Santa Ana, Sacramento
- By Mail:
State of California CTAP Contact Center
P.O. Box 30310
Stockton, CA 95213
- By Email: CustomerCare@ddtpca.org
- By FAX: 1-800-889-3974
Once your Certification Form is approved, you will receive a letter or call. CTAP will contact low-vision and blind customers by phone before sending a letter. The letter or call will instruct you to either get in touch with the State of California CTAP Contact Center or visit a State of California CTAP Service Center. You will be assessed for the best equipment and services to meet your needs. Additional training is also available by getting in touch with the State of California CTAP Contact Center or visiting a CTAP Service Center.
Go here to see equipment grouped by approved certification.
Let CTAP know if there is some way to help improve the application process by filling out the Program Feedback Form.
To view pdf forms, download the most recent version of Acrobat Reader.